Sexually Transmitted Wellness Tips
Here are some tips for promoting sexual wellness and reducing the risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs):
- Practice safe sex: Use condoms or other barrier methods during sexual activity to reduce the risk of STIs.
- Get tested regularly: Regular STI testing can help identify infections early and prevent transmission to others.
- Limit your number of sexual partners: The more partners you have, the higher your risk of contracting an STI.
- Communicate openly: Be open and honest with your sexual partners about your STI status and use of protection.
- Avoid risky sexual behaviors: This includes not having unprotected sex, avoiding sexual contact with someone who has an STI, and avoiding high-risk sexual practices such as unprotected oral or anal sex.
- Use protection during oral sex: Use barriers such as condoms or dental dams during oral sex to reduce the risk of STIs.
- Be aware of symptoms: If you experience symptoms such as discharge, pain or burning during urination, or strong-smelling urine, see a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Get vaccinated: Vaccines are available for certain STIs, such as HPV and hepatitis B, which can reduce your risk of infection.
- Avoid alcohol and drug use: Substance use can impair judgment and increase the risk of engaging in risky sexual behaviors.
- Maintain good general health: Taking care of your overall health can help boost your immune system and reduce your risk of STIs.
- Know the signs and symptoms: Familiarize yourself with the signs and symptoms of common STIs, such as genital warts, chlamydia, and gonorrhea, and seek prompt treatment if you experience any symptoms.
- Maintain good hygiene: Wash your hands frequently and avoid harsh soaps or douches in the genital area to reduce the risk of infections.
By following these tips, you can help promote sexual wellness and reduce your risk of STIs.Contact Us
July 4, 2023
June 23, 2023
June 5, 2023